Main Forum

Recreation of a famous estate- A cry for help.

5 replies
Votes:
VIP
Hi peoples, I would like to start a new project, but I need some help from fellow members. In the U.S., there is a state called Virginia. In Virginia there is an old estate named Maymont. What id like to do is bring this this estate to life in minecraft! It is truly one of the prettiest sights ever, and I would like to build it to size, down to the very last detail. However, as some of you may know, i'm not the best of builders, and cant really work on one project for extended periods of time (like for 2-3 hours) so I am seeking help from the community.

Basically, anyone who might sign up will be given a portion of the estate to replicate, this information is available on Maymont's website; https://maymont.org/ . Depending upon your preferences, you could do a building or garden. What I really would like is for extreme attention to detail, and to make it as similar as possible to the real thing.

Please post in the thread if you would like to help, and what part of the estate you would help design :d
Posted Feb 9, 18 · OP
Member of the Month
Votes:
Member of the Month
I would love to help, but I have no idea what parts to build or even where they are in relation to each other.
XpSdSUx.png
Posted Feb 9, 18
Votes:
Untagged users
hello 9IronGiant6
i would love to help replicate the estate of Maymont :d
Just give me a map or picture of the portion of the place for me to build and i will get started !!
I don't have much time so can it be a kinda small but not too small portion
Posted Feb 10, 18
Votes:
VIP
The Italian garden or the butterfly garden would be great, and don't worry about putting them in relation to each other dada I can do that
Posted Feb 10, 18 · OP
Votes:
Untagged users
Can you give a map of the place (birdseye view) coz i dont know hwere the garden is or is placed in correlation to the other builds
Posted Feb 10, 18
Votes:
VIP
Sorry lol ive been gone a couple days. Probably your best bet would be to design a garden by itself, and the Maymont Estate website has whole presentation portraying every part of the gardens. If that doesnt work, just type "Maymont Estate" into google maps and go to the satilite :d
Posted Feb 15, 18 · OP
NoticeNotices