Main Forum

Player Graves

4 replies
Votes:
Untagged users
Hey! So I made a post in the discord, posting a video that Xisuma made about player graves. I feel like this would increase the challenge without removing keep-inventory.

Here's a link to the video to check it out yourselves!
Minecraft 1.13 Player Graves (Data Pack) Multiplayer Fr...
Minecraft Showcase Playlist ► https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL7VmhWGNRxKgxIAR0_8td4Bzb0uU7h8tp In this minecraft showcase video I show you a data pack that adds player graves that capture the items of your inventory upon death and put them into a grave so you can claim your items back! Download Data Pack https://xisumavoid.com/vanillatweaks/ Links!

This allows your items to be saved from lava and any other kind of death, with a function making sure nobody can steal your loot. It can be disabled, but by default there is a message sent in chat to tell you where you died in case you were lost somewhere deep in a cave.

I feel like this would add a lot more challenge to SMP without making it 'difficult' or rage inducing.

Thanks for reading, I hope it is added!
Posted Oct 22, 18 · OP
Diamond
List
Undo
Creator
Votes:
+8
Creator
I honestly really like this idea. I feel like KeepInventory is very OP, and with this, you still have to fight for your loot back, depending on how you died.
Posted Oct 22, 18
Votes:
+3
Untagged users
This is something we had on Modded some time ago. It was an interesting concept, and definitely did make the game more challenging.

Over all, I am for this change, however there are some potential problems I would like to outline and throw into the discussion.

The grave can only be removed by the person that dies. I could see this being a problem with grave littering. If the player dies with very little items, they may decide it's not worth their time going to collect their grave.

Furthermore, someone could deliberately spam dying in an area to generate gravestones either as a prank or just for fun.

I think this is defiantly something that could be implemented, but we must make clear the rules surrounding it, so not to allow players to spam staff asking for teleports back to graves.
Posted Oct 23, 18
Diamond
List
Undo
Creator
Votes:
Creator
I think this is a great idea, but what if we fall of the end? If it generated a grave, we would have to jump to get it, hope we land on it, protect ourselves so also have other items, and then get it, and still fall right back off. Scaffolding is an option, but between that and the air thing, it seems more convenient to have the grave placed on the closest block. Could it maybe be edited? This is a really cool idea tho.
Posted Oct 23, 18
Votes:
Untagged users
The solution is don't fall into the end.. the normal game without keep inventory punishes you by loosing all your items. This will be a punishment for that, but not as severe, giving you a chance to get back down via enderpearl, elytra or water bucket.
Posted Oct 24, 18 · OP
NoticeNotices