Main Forum

[SMP] - robin_groot - Spamming chat with relogs

7 replies
Votes:
Untagged users
So today at around 10am - CEST (EU+1) robin_groot kept joining and leaving after we told him to stop. He said his VPN was bad but kept doing it 15 minutes later. I have some screenshots from Discord. I'm not looking to get him banned just please talk to him and see if it can be fixed so this does not happened again. It is very annoying.

24e9e018036529ee87ba4c7c7540e9a8_1544434205.png a9647992b9c9e3f4cf865065cb047a1b_1544434214.png

Thank you - /xSayZ

Edit: Also wanted to add in some inpolite actions by Maxxie14

88dd7d90c5ade7e3a7463f782d14b0f9_1544438148.png I wanted to say I could have handled this better but for someone else to come in to the server being angry is not fun. I don't want any beef with someone but when they come looking for it I answer.

I can provide more evidence in Screenshots but if Mods wanna take this further then I will do it privately and there is also discord.
Posted Dec 10, 18 · OP · Last edited Dec 10, 18
Votes:
Untagged users
i am on school and i am free but have to use vpn and it is randomly disconnecting.
Posted Dec 10, 18
List
Undo
Owner
Votes:
+2
Admins
Online on Site
Owner
Manager
Staff
It would appear he was logging in on two computers at once. He and maxxie seem to have been sharing an ip address. Please note that alts are not allowed on the server and please do take this as a warning to be nice to each other so as not to spoil anyone's time one the server
Posted Dec 11, 18
Votes:
Untagged users
We were both playing from school, we don't have alts. We are in the same class together.
Posted Dec 11, 18
List
Undo
Owner
Votes:
+2
Admins
Online on Site
Owner
Manager
Staff
as i dug further into it after i posted i found a few more players and realize this :d
it seems your free vpn uses the same exact ip no matter what and the server wont accept that as valid and will boot one of you repeatedly. if you can set it to a dif ip it wont boot you
we would also prefer you didnt use a vpn if possible to connect to our servers
Posted Dec 11, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
Untagged users
I am personally not using a VPN, i tried connecting from the school wifi but got kicked out. After that me and a friend went on his mobile data and played that way. His ingame name was Saxix.
Posted Dec 11, 18
List
Undo
Votes:
Untagged users
Maxxie is talking the truth, our school network doesn't allow us to join Minecraft servers.
Robin who is also on our school used a VPN, while Maxxie and I used my mobile data, since I have unlimited.

I'm new to this server and I am not familiar with how it normally goes, but i personally think it's weird how such a small thing turns out into this.
Posted Dec 11, 18
List
Undo
Staff
Votes:
Manager
Staff
VIP
"I'm new to this server and I am not familiar with how it normally goes, but i personally think it's weird how such a small thing turns out into this."

First of all, welcome to the server! Secondly, it's still a small thing. It looked like it was a alt and you guys explained your situation! It was just a warning. If you're unable to login and after 3-4 times trying, take a break from trying to login (your school doesn't want you on it anyway 😛) or wait until you are home from school!

Thanks guys!
Posted Dec 11, 18
List
Undo
NoticeNotices